During this phase of reopening, location hours will be as follows:
Civic Center Library - Currently closed, will re-open on Monday, July 13th
Civic Center Library will be temporarily closed. Library services will continue to be offered at the Sam Garcia Library.
- The holds pickup service is currently suspended at Civic Center Library. If you currently have items held at Civic Center Library, we will contact you to find out if you would like to pickup your item at Sam Garcia Library instead, or wait until Civic Center Library re-opens.
- All due dates have been extended so that no items are currently due at both libraries.
- The book drop is currently closed at Civic Center Library. You may return items to Sam Garcia Library or wait until the Civic Center Library is open again.
Monday – Thursday 11:00AM to 6PM
Friday – Sunday 1PM to 5PM
Both libraries will be closed on Saturday, July 4th for Independence Day.
20 customers will be allowed in the library at a time. We ask that all customers limit their time in the library to 60 minutes.
Face Covering and Face Mask Requirements
Beginning June 21, 2020, masks will be required for all visitors as they enter city facilities. City Court under Arizona Supreme Court Chief Justice Administrative Order 2020-79, began requirements of masks for all that enter the building, on May 26, 2020. All mask requirements will be in place until further notice. Avondale Face Mask FAQs (pdf)
In a Proclamation by the Mayor issued June 18, 2020, effective Monday, June 21, the wearing of face coverings by employees and customers will be required in all retail establishments, convenience stores, grocery stores, pharmacies, gyms, indoor sports or activity facilities, and medical offices. Additionally, these businesses will be required to post notice of this requirements at their entrances.
Declaration of Emergency for Uses of Face Coverings 6.18.20
As a reminder, in accordance with CDC and Public Health guidelines, please do not visit the library if you are experiencing any signs or symptoms of illness including but not limited to; shortness of breath, fever, sore throat or cough. You are advised to stay home and minimize exposure to others.
Services available at this time are limited to:
- Holds pickup.
- Browsing the collection.
- Limited computer use (1 hour per day, per customer).
- Wi-Fi usage (in-building usage limited to 1 hour).
- Copying, faxing and scanning will be self-serve. If you need staff assistance, they will help you while maintaining at least a 6-foot distance.
- All payments will be by credit or debit card at the desk or utilizing the coin tower for copying and printing. Please note the coin tower does not accept bills greater than $5. USB Flash Drives and Bus Passes will be for sale with credit cards only, no cash transactions will be accepted for these items.
- No Culture Passes will be available for checkout until partnering arts organizations return to normal operations.
- Prizes for READ!365 and Summer Reading Program will not be available for pickup until August.
- No Beyond Books materials will be available for checkout.
- All toys have been removed from the early literacy spaces.
- No study room or meeting room usage is available.
- No book donations will be accepted.
- All items should be returned to the outside book drop. Items will be quarantined for 72 hours, check-in may not occur for 3-5 days. No late fees will be accrue during this 3-5 day quarantine window.
- Staff will be periodically sanitizing high touch areas, but will be unable to comprehensively sanitize every item or surface. Customers are asked to follow CDC guidelines regarding hand washing and taking care not to touch their faces.
Civic Center Library
Tuesdays and Wednesdays
10AM to 12PM and 4PM to 6PM
Sam Garcia Library
Thursdays 10AM to 12AM and 4PM to 6PM
Fridays 3PM to 5PM