There are two private study rooms available free of charge for public use at each of the Avondale Public Libraries. A table and up to four chairs are provided in each of the rooms. All rooms are equipped with electric outlets for using laptops or other electronic devices. Free wireless Internet is also available with an Avondale Public Library card.
The following rules are intended to ensure that these rooms are available to all members of our community, and that they are used for their intended purposes.
- Study Rooms are available on a first-come, first-serve basis; however Study Room #1 may be reserved up to one week in advance by contacting the Library’s Information Desk. Reserved rooms are held for 15 minutes past their reserved time and then become available to other patrons.
- Study Rooms are available during Library hours up until ten minutes before closing.
- A maximum of four people are allowed in a study room at one time.
- In order to use a Study Room, patrons must first check-in at the Library Service Desk. A valid ID or Avondale Public Library card is required, and will be held at the Service Desk, during use of a Study Room.
- Fees or payments may not be charged by individuals or groups using the study rooms for business.
- Study Rooms may be used for a maximum of 2 hours daily by an individual or group. However, patrons may continue to use a study room past their 2 hour limit, providing no one has a reservation or is in need of the room.
- Snacks and covered beverage containers are permitted in the Study Rooms.
- Use of all tobacco products and alcohol is prohibited in the Study Rooms.
- Patrons found engaging in loud and disruptive behavior, defacing library property or otherwise acting inappropriately will be removed from the study room and, possibly, the library. Persons using the Study Rooms are subject to the Avondale Public Library Behavior Policy.
- Library staff is not responsible for any items left unattended in the Study Rooms. Please keep your belongings with you at all times.
- The library reserves the right to terminate use of a Study Room for failure to abide by this policy.