Description of the Rooms
The Avondale Public Library offers two meeting rooms for public use, the Zane Grey Room at the Civic Center Library and the Meeting Room at the Sam Garcia Western Avenue Library. The Zane Grey Room measures 29’ X 29’ and can accommodate up to 55 people. The room has 10 tables and 35 chairs. The Sam Garcia Western Avenue Library meeting room measures 24’ X 30’ and can accommodate up to 44 people. It has 9 tables and 18 chairs.
Eligible Organizations (in priority order):
- Friends of the Avondale Libraries
- Nonprofit (501C3) groups with cooperative agreements with the Library presenting meetings of public interest and free to the public
Room reservations may be made after finalization of the cooperative agreement between the organization and the Library. Reservations, using the online NonPaid Use of the Avondale Public Library Meeting Rooms Application, must be submitted within the designated deadlines. Groups may reserve space for up to six meetings in a six month period. Organizations that miss the due dates will have their applications considered only if there is available space. Reservations are not automatically renewable. A completed meeting room application must be turned in to the Library Manager or designated representative. All previous approvals may be cancelled at any time. This also applies to groups that meet on a continuous basis. If the room is needed due to an emergency for official government business or the reservation conflicts with library programming, the reservation shall be cancelled and may be rescheduled at the group’s request.
- Library functions will be given first priority
- All outside organization activities held in the Library’s meeting rooms must be open to everyone
- Meeting rooms must be completely vacated ten (10) minutes prior to the Library’s closing time.
- Children must be supervised by an adult at all times
- Smoking and alcoholic beverages, open flames, burning incense, and lit candles are not allowed
- If a group fails to show for two meetings in a row and does not call to cancel, all future reservations are forfeited until the group calls to reschedule
- Meetings will not be scheduled before or after Library hours. Group representatives may not enter Library buildings before the regular opening time
- Groups may not assign or transfer their reservations to other groups
- No monies may be collected on the library premises with the exception of dues for Friends of the Library groups, book sales or other fund-raising events, the proceeds of which will go to the direct benefit of the library
- Furniture and/or equipment from the main area of the library may not be brought into meeting rooms without approval from Library staff
- Library staff is not responsible for setting up the tables and chairs prior to the meeting
- Audio/Visual equipment is provided, however, laptops are not. Please arrange to receive any assistance with equipment by indicating so on your application
- Personal furniture or equipment may be used by a group with prior approval. Arrangements should be made when the Nonpaid Use of the Avondale Public Library Meeting Rooms Application is submitted
- Groups must obtain permission from the Library Manager or designated representative before affixing articles to the walls in the meeting rooms
- Equipment, supplies, or personal effects cannot be stored or left in Library meeting rooms before or after use
- Keep all exits clear and unlocked at all times. Open aisles must be maintained within the seating arrangement to provide clear access to exits
- Any announcements or notices to publicize an activity should not be posted or distributed on Library premises without prior approval from the Librarian in Charge
- Attendance at meeting will be limited to the capacity of the individual meeting rooms as listed in this policy
- Only light refreshments may be brought in for the meetings
- All trash from the serving of refreshments or activities must be disposed of properly
- The individual making the reservation, as well as the group as a whole, will be held responsible for any and all damages that may occur as a result of the use of the facilities
- Permission to use the Library meeting rooms may be withheld from groups that have failed to comply with this policy and from any group that damages the room, carpet, equipment, or furniture or causes a disturbance
- Any questions should be addressed to the Library Manager, 623-333-2641
Any exceptions to these guidelines will be at the discretion of the City of Avondale’s Parks, Recreation and Libraries Director.